Vancouver, WA 98607 US
Wheeler Staffing Partners is seeking a Service Engineer in Vancouver, WA. The duties of this position will provide technical support and field service as necessary to support system operations, operator training, warranty commitments, sales, and administrative goals in water purification, reclamation, and wastewater treatment for micro-electronics and general industrial plants. Candidates will need to have a chemical or mechanical engineering degree; willing to accept junior candidates as well! Call us today to learn more about this great opportunity!
Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the service function of Water Treatment Systems.
- Develops leads and prospects for new sales, contacts prospects, prepares and delivers sales presentations for new business proposals.
- Maintains contact with current customers for new requirements, technical advice, quality problems, new developments, etc. (visits customer sites, telephone, internet, etc.)
- Provides service to customer accounts including installations, lab testing, data analysis, equipment inspections, troubleshooting, report generation, and interfacing at all levels.
- Provides direct technical support to clients and potential clients. Able to communicate those needs to the customer and management.
- Initiates engineering activities to ensure proper operating parameters are being maintained for customer processes.
- Attends internal and external meetings, safety training, technical assistance, and training programs.
- Responsible for generating technical reports, procedures, and project schedules.
- Performs all work in accordance with established company procedures.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Service Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (3.7 GPA or higher) in the chemical or mechanical engineering discipline is required from an accredited university.
- New graduates will be considered but relevant experience in a water treatment industry or Semiconductor Wafer Fab environment with UPW & WWT will be an added advantage.
- Training and Experience in CAD and piping skid design are preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of semiconductor water and wastewater chemistry and typical semiconductor waste streams.
- Knowledge of water treatment technologies including filtration, membrane treatment, ion exchange treatment, and reclaimed water treatment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex industry-related documents.
- Ability to understand and both read, write and converse in English and at an advanced level.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing on a technical level. Must have demonstrated interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Ability to make decisions requiring the use of multiple variables in complex nonstandard situations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with 3D modeling programs such as AutoCAD.
- Ability to understand and apply complex mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical equations to a variety of complex, nonstandard situations.
- Ability to read and interpret process & instrumentation diagrams, mechanical & structural drawings, and specifications are preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, tables, and standard reference books used for design water purification, wastewater treatment facilities, and relevant piping, electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical equipment used in such designs are preferred.
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on social media to get updates on upcoming jobs!
Facebook: Wheeler Staffing Partner
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Recruiting
Josh Graham is the Director of Recruiting and Operations for Wheeler Staffing Partners. Josh leads and develops Wheeler’s talent acquisition strategies and delivery programs, including workforce/capacity planning, talent attraction, selection practices, and measurement. Additionally, he is responsible for the process, quality, training, metrics & reporting, full life-cycle recruiting, direct sourcing, and candidate pipelining across many verticals (ie. Information Technology, Finance, Accounting, Mortgage, Healthcare, and Engineering).
Josh holds over 14 years of Talent Acquisition experience and has been with WSP for 6 years; he joined Wheeler because he wanted to have the opportunity to grow and work alongside his mentor, Tim. He has fifteen years of recruiting experience and where he has had the opportunity to expand relationships with clients and candidates. He enjoys leading teams of recruiters responsible for life cycle recruiting through consistent communication. Josh constantly strives to improve recruiting efforts, networking and stretches himself and the team into areas offering significant professional growth; he describes his time at Wheeler as very rewarding and family-oriented.
Prior to starting his recruiting career, he was in the Army for 11 years and served 2 tours in Iraq. Josh enjoys going hiking and to gun ranges as his favorite hobbies, and occasionally will do woodworking projects. He is originally from New Braunfels, TX, and currently resides in the DFW area with his wife and twins.