Senior Transmission Engineer
Garland, TX 75040 US
Wheeler Staffing Partners is hiring Senior Transmission Engineer with an engineering consulting client in Garland, TX. As a Senior Transmission Engineer, you will be responsible for the design of transmission and distribution projects for electric utilities at voltages from 12kV up to 500kV. This work will include physical design of overhead transmission and distribution lines via PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and AutoCAD. Projects include overhead design in urban, suburban, and rural areas. Our clients include utilities, municipalities, and cooperatives. Every individual is responsible for producing a high quality work product while fostering a high level of client satisfaction. This is a senior level position, and you will be expected to take responsibility of designs and staff as necessary to produce high quality deliverables to clients. You will report directly to the company owner.
- Route Studies for CCN cases
- Route and alignment creation
- Coordination for survey data collection
- LiDAR import
- Structure spotting and optimization
- Line modeling
- Structure modeling and design
- Construction Plans
- Bills of Materials
- Procurement and Construction Specification and Bid Documents
- Thermal clearance studies
- Engineering calculations and reports
- Vendor fabrication drawing and compliance submittal review
- Application of all associated codes, standards, and regulations
- Interface with clients as needed
- 10-15 years experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineering License in Texas preferred
- Ability to work independently on challenging projects
- Proficient knowledge of power transmission and distribution engineering principles
- Must have strong analytic and computer skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in PLS-CADD suite, MS Office suite, AutoCad,
- Must have the ability to work permanently in the US
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.