Senior Staff Accountant
Irving, TX 75039 US
- Reconcile Subledgers to the GL.
- Work with internal departments to rectify issues with customer accounts.
- Reporting on unapplied receipts, open receivables, and unpaid cancellations.
- Report on unpaid balances on vendors and vendors that have a credit balance due back to Nobilis.
- Reconcile any past due balances and collect as quickly as possible.
- Perform collections on assigned block of business to maintain an Over 90 Day balance of less than 5%.
- Report any billing or payment errors.
- Ensuring Vouchers are being applied to invoices in a timely manner.
- Review billing statements for accuracy prior to distribution.
- Process subledger adjustments in Great Plains.
- Review and approve receivable and payable integrations.
- Reconcile receivable integrations to the contract system reporting.
- Compile information for internal accounting, AP, and AR dashboards.
- Assist with developing improved processes and technical add-ons to bill out and invoice customers.
- Provide support for annual audits.
- Other duties and adhoc reporting as required.
- Post customer payments by recording checks, ACHs, wires and credit card transactions within 48 hours of receipt of funds.
- Assist in applying payments received within 30 days of billing.
- Contact the appropriate customer or agent to handle any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Process refunds due to the customer within the time frame noted in the customer’s agreement.
- Distribute billing statements in the manner agreed upon with the customer by the 20th of each month.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5 years GL accounting experience
- Net Suite experience is required
- Excellent communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments.
- Keen eye for finding data anomalies, with a strong ability to identify the source and resolve the data issue.
- Ability to thrive as a self-starter in a start-up environment.
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent knowledge of financial statements
- High proficiency in Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, Macros) is a must as well as proficiency in MS Office and Great Plains
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills along with accuracy and attention to detail
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Positive attitude and focus on collaboration with other divisions and excellent customer service
- Customer-centric personality
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.