Senior Mechanical Engineer - Birmingham
Birmingham, AL 35209 US
Wheeler Staffing Partners is hiring a Senior Mechanical Engineer, PE in Birmingham, AL. The Mechanical Engineer PE I applies standard engineering techniques to design, analyze, test, maintain, repair, or improve products, components, or assemblies. Applicants must be PE certified.
- Responsible for signing and sealing engineering documents.
- Analyzes, develops and evaluates systems.
- Improves and maintains current systems or creates brand new projects.
- Designs and drafts blueprints, visits systems in the field and manages projects.
- Applies engineering techniques and analyses within the scope of the assignment.
- Performs work under general supervision.
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and Professional Engineer License (PE)
- 4-6 years of experience
- Possesses working knowledge of the subject matter
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Mathematic skills
- Computer skills
- Technical expertise
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and willing to tackle various ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent multitasking skills, with the ability to perform duties outside of the scope of work when necessary
- Infrequent travel to Company or client locations. Approximately 5-20% of time will be spent traveling
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.