Senior Data Engineer
Irving, TX 75039 US
Wheeler Staffing Partners is hiring a Senior Data Engineer with an automotive products client in Irving, TX. As a member of the Data and Analytics team, the Senior Data Engineer role will contribute to the success in both the daily operations and long-term strategy of the organization’s data assets. The optimal candidate brings a business-centric mindset to data architecture efforts and has a track record of being a growth enabler. This is an on-site role, reporting to the Irving office Mon-Fri.
Senior Data Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Design, build & maintain scalable data pipelines in Azure to ensure their compliance with up-time, security, and privacy.
- Actively contribute to both data & application governance initiatives by designing and implementing policies, procedures, and best practices
- Implement API-based integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity
- Collaborate with report developers/analysts and business teams to improve data models that feed BI tools and increase data accessibility.
- Build and maintain the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Python and SQL
- Assist in the design of processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it
- Troubleshoot data pipeline related issues and oversee their resolution.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Collaborate with all business units and development teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Familiarity with one or more DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, CI/CD, Jira)
- Identify and integrate external data sources from various source formats.
- Assist and oversee other projects as assigned
Senior Data Engineer Job Requirements:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Microsoft DP-203 certification preferred
- 5+ years of database architecture and dimensional data modeling
- 2+ years assisting in Master Data Management efforts, including metadata management.
- 5-7+ years of data management experience
- 5+ years of data migration activities
- 5+ years of Python and SQL experience
- 3+ years working in an Agile development environment pairing DevOps with CI/CD pipelines.
- 3+ years with data processing systems in Azure (Data Lake storage, DataBricks, Data Factory, Event Hubs, etc.)
- Mastery in converting raw data into valuable datasets
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process oriented with great documentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Experience in automotive repair and/or insurance industries a plus
- Cloud certification on any platform a plus
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.