Senior Compensation Analyst
Dallas, TX 75287 US
- Lead participation in salary surveys as well as collecting and analyze salary information to help determine our competitive positioning in the market.
- Assesses jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range; prepares job descriptions to match compensation programs.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Leads the development and maintenance of job classifications and salary scales.
- Leads the presentation of summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Leads developing, designing, and implementing compensation programs for the company.
- Partner with HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition and Hiring Managers to evaluate job duties and responsibilities for new positions and provide benchmarking information and recommendations.
- Liaise with Finance and Payroll on compensation administration when appropriate.
- Lead market assessments to evaluate jobs, competitiveness of target incentives, pay mix and total target cash. Present business case for any recommended changes.
- Formulates recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
- Design and manage company Short Term Incentive plans.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and administration of merit increases & bonus programs.
- Develops/delivers staff consultant training programs on sales compensation, FLSA, and compensation evaluation.
- Leverage system functionality and optimize capabilities within the compensation modules of the company’s human capital management system (Workday)
- Lead compliance with local/federal compensation requirements and statutes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field. Master’s degree a strong plus.
- Professional Human Resources or Compensation certificate a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with complex integrated compensation programs (base/bonus/equity), pay for performance models, benchmarking and using market data, job evaluation, etc.
- Minimum 3 years with demonstrated experience performing complex reporting and analysis
- MS Office Suite, with proficiency in Excel
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with compensation management in an enterprise wide HCM preferred
- Working knowledge of industry-standard tools including survey platforms and other market data tools
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to use sound judgement and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Highly organized, with a strong ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and focus on priorities
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Comfortable working quickly and efficiently in a flexible, rapidly changing, often ambiguous environment
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.