Project Engineer- Plano, TX
Plano, TX 75075 US
Wheeler Staffing Partners is seeking a Project Engineer in Plano, TX. A Project Engineer is expected to work as an important member of the engineering team that develops process solutions to meet project specifications; customer needs and provides engineering and design of water and wastewater treatment skids and systems. A Project Engineer provides project support including preparing equipment procurement specifications; P&ID’s, 3-D skid assembly drawings, pipe routing drawings, preparing submittals to customers, and providing system commissioning support. Contact Kala Blanton (email@example.com) to learn more about this great opportunity!
Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Analyzes specifications and contract documents to determine the characteristics of the job and to establish engineering objectives.
- Review proposals and submittals for quality assurance purposes.
- Meet with potential customers, supporting the sales team to develop new
- Generating a variety of drawings and performing required calculations while effectively managing engineering hours and meeting schedules.
- Preparing parts lists and specification sheets.
- Assembling detail drawings from release to fabrication.
- Responding to questions pertaining to drawings.
- Contributing to product improvement and development.
- Coordinating with BIM design groups on projects.
- Provides technical assistance (including training) to Sales and Product Support.
- Develops and maintains product specifications, design information and quality assurance documents related to the integrity, cost and scheduling requirements for department systems and related components.
- Coordinating with Project Managers to meet scheduled task deadlines, maintain a schedule for purchasing, fabrication, construction, inspection, startup, etc., to meet overall project goals.
Project Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (3.6 GPA or higher) in the chemical or mechanical engineering discipline is required from an accredited university.
- 3+ years experience as a Project Engineer
- Experience in a water treatment industry or Semiconductor Wafer Fab environment with UPW & WWT will be an added advantage.
- Training and Experience in CAD and piping skid design are preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of semiconductor water and wastewater chemistry and typical semiconductor waste streams.
- Knowledge of water treatment technologies including filtration, membrane treatment, ion exchange treatment, and reclaim water treatment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex industry related documents.
- Ability to understand and both read, write and converse in English and at advanced level.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing on a technical level. Must have demonstrated interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Ability to make decisions requiring the use of multiple variables in complex nonstandard situations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Familiar with 3D modeling programs such as AutoCAD.
- Ability to understand and apply complex mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical equations to a variety of complex, nonstandard situations.
- Ability to read and interpret process & instrumentation diagrams, mechanical & structural drawings, and specifications are preferred
- Knowledge of applicable codes, tables and standard reference books used for design water purification, wastewater treatment facilities and relevant piping, electrical, instrumentation and mechanical equipment used in such designs are preferred
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.