Los Angeles, CA 90025 US
Wheeler Staffing Partners is hiring a Payments Specialist with a credit union client in Los Angeles, CA. The Payments Specialist will represent the company by providing customers and business clients with merchant/credit card services which meet their needs and provide a profitable return. Perform necessary functions to establish and maintain credit, debit, ATM and Online Bill Pay accounts and services. Responsible for accounting entries of products as needed. Explain and promote all products and services to customers. Responsible for developing new credit card service and credit card product business for the region.
- Provide information and services to all customers regarding credit, debit, ATM, Online Bill Pay and other related company products.
- Cross-sell products and services when appropriate.
- Maintain loan information on computer and all follow-up paperwork including performing file maintenance, preparing and following up on draft retrievals, monitoring incoming reports, verifying accuracy, making necessary accounting entries for reconciling GL accounts daily, processing disputes, blocking accounts, and researching statements.
- Prepare new credit card accounts by establishing and maintaining all necessary information on the internal and systems.
- Keep management informed of the card volume for the purpose of ordering new Credit, Check
- Cards and ATM plastics, following all security procedures. Also responsible for all re-issued plastics and the security of these.
- Process lost and stolen accounts and maintain files.
- Process credit/debit card fraud claims.
- Ensure reissued cards are sent out correctly.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy
- Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- 2+ years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions
- A high school degree or GED is required
- Must be willing to work onsite
- Must have credit union exposure
- Must be able to perform job functions independently and work effectively either on own or as part of a team
- Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations with extreme accuracy
- Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion
- Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities.
- Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.