North Richland Hills, TX 75126 US
Maintenance Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Develops knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote Health & Safety for the protection of people and property
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic and mechanical breakdowns
- Install used compaction equipment as required
- Refurbish and test-run used equipment
- Fabricate safety guards, railings, and support equipment for compaction and conveying equipment
- Assist on major plant modifications, installations and repairs
- Provides support to keep equipment operational by being involved in maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures
- Fully understands the production processes, knowledge of raw material, quality control, costs, machine functions and capabilities in order to maximize the effective manufacture of the end product
- Occasional travel required to provide maintenance support for suppliers, as well as company owned equipment in the field, as well as remote recycling centers.
- Assist the Health and Safety Committee in the development of Risk Assessments for maintenance related tasks.
- Visit the work area frequently to ensure compliance, and discusses safety issues with team.
- Explains to team that safety excellence is expected and is a requirement of employment.
- Encourages the team to report incidents, near-misses and unsafe conditions. Employees regardless of level, position or tenure are responsible for upholding the safety standards regulations and policies.
- Other projects and considerations as directed by management.
- Able to work safely and effectively on an independent basis, with minimal and/or no supervision
- Working knowledge of Industrial Safety Standards including but not limited to OSHA.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, dealing with individuals at all levels of the company, vendors, & suppliers.
- Self-motivated and committed individual
- Strong work ethic
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 + years progressively responsible for industrial maintenance experience
- Cutting, welding, fabrication experience as well as hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting.
- Experience with baler or compactor repairs preferred, but not required
- PLC Troubleshooting experience a plus
- Valid Driver's License & good driving record
- Must be able to proficiently pass a mechanical aptitude and cognitive ability test.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.