Loan Originator - Irvine
Irvine, CA 92618 US
Wheeler Staffing Partners is hiring a Loan Originator with a client in Miami, FL. In this role, you will leverage your knowledge and expertise to guide clients through the mortgage application process, advise on HELOC options, and educate homeowners on the benefits of solar financing.
The client is a financial technology direct mortgage lender and servicer, specializing in mortgages, refinancing, and home loans.
- Evaluate applicants' creditworthiness by reviewing loan applications and relevant documentation within specified parameters.
- Conduct interviews with applicants to assess their financial eligibility and determine the feasibility of approving loans.
- Calculate relevant ratios and metrics, and establish debt payment plans based on the assessment.
- Interact with clients to request or provide necessary information throughout the loan application process.
- Justify and report on decisions regarding loan approvals or rejections.
- Finalize loan contracts and provide counseling to clients regarding policies and restrictions.
- Stay updated on various types of loans and other financial services to enhance job knowledge.
- Maintain and update accurate account records in compliance with established procedures.
- Identify customer needs, explore available options, and introduce various loan types accordingly.
- Establish referral networks, propose alternative channels, and cross-sell products and services to achieve quotas.
- Demonstrate commitment by going the "extra mile" to cultivate trust, customer loyalty, and satisfaction during the underwriting process.
- Operate in full compliance with laws, regulations, and lending compliance guidelines.
- Must have 1 active NMLS license & ability to pass both credit and criminal background checks
- Proven experience as a Mortgage Loan Officer or Specialist
- Familiarity with refinance required; HELOCs and solar financing (preferred but not required)
- Strong understanding of mortgage products, programs, and industry regulations
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work full-time and maintain excellent attendance
- Must comply with Company Policies, and all applicable federal, state and local laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, guidelines and other requirements pertaining to the mortgage banking industry, and to the business of Company.
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.