Instrument & Electrical Technician
Forney, TX 75126 US
Instrument & Electrical Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for installation, programming, calibration, and preventative maintenance for electrical equipment to improve field system operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs.
- Troubleshoots, fabricates, modifies, removes, repairs, overhauls, or replaces parts or equipment on instrumentation and electrical systems.
- Adheres to the area equipment Preventative Maintenance (PM) program
- Develop work plans covering installation, calibration, inspection, and troubleshooting tasks, to minimize production impacts and enhance the reliability of the operation
- Provide assistance to other maintenance craft, as qualified
- Cooperate with other employees to solve plant problems and achieve plant goals
- Utilize the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Monitoring System) to document repair notes, review repair history, obtain materials from stores, etc
- Provide field instrumentation support for all process equipment. The systems maintained utilize pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-mechanical and electronic elements
- Learn relevant local and company requirements, rules and procedures. Strictly follows rules and guidelines and always uses the right procedure for the job. Promptly reports incidents, near-misses, and unsafe conditions or processes.
- May be assigned to other projects and duties
- Minimum 3 years' experience in industrial environment
- Good working knowledge of 3 phase motors and distribution, control systems, smart transmitters, and control valves
- Possess a high level of mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Journeyman or Master Electrician with substantial instrumentation experience preferred
- Basic computer skills required for email, online training, and computerized work order system
- High attention to detail
- Mechanical and electrical skills are required in order to perform day to day operations and troubleshoot and resolve/repair problems.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.