Memphis, TN 38105 US
General Superintendent Responsibilities:
- Communicate with other General Superintendents to share resources.
- Provide key leadership direction for Field operations within the business unit to ensure a cohesive team in conjunction with project management.
- Coordinate and confer with Business Unit Manager and Operations Manager to resolve operational issues.
- Manage field personnel and staffing levels to improve customer satisfaction and reduce cost. Includes working with Business Unit Manager and Operations Manager to coordinate hiring of local staff, conducting performance reviews, recommending salary changes, and resolving personnel issues.
- Ensure compliance with state, local, and federal legal requirements.
- Identify fabrication/manufacturing opportunities and support project team's execution plan.
- Conduct staff meetings with Superintendents, Foremen, and field personnel, addressing management issues as well as safety and productivity improvements.
- Ensure projects meet or exceed all labor and material budgets and goals.
- Develop personnel by educating and monitoring personnel on corporate and installation standards.
- Participate in Continuing Education programs to improve skill set.
- Develop and manage field labor pool and workforce.
- Work with project teams to ensure start-up and commissioning is executed in accordance with company and project standards.
- Assists in coordinating and quality assurance of drafting resources and fabrication/manufacturing within business unit.
- Maintain company culture.
- Implement Field productivity improvements, ensure project compliance, and quality assurance.
- Maintain consistency in project and Field management processes throughout the business unit.
General Superintendent Requirements:
- State plumbing license or 10+ years of experience as a Superintendent.
- 8+ years of experience in heavy ($20M+) plumbing and HVAC commercial construction (hotels, high-rise office buildings, hospitals, etc.).
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills.
- Minimum 6 months of safety training.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and willing to tackle various ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Well-versed in the industry and the Company's competitors.
- Excellent multitasking skills, with the ability to perform duties outside of the scope of work when necessary.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.