Financial Data Analyst
Irving, TX 75039 US
Wheeler Staffing Partners is hiring a Financial Data Analyst with an automotive client’s corporate office in Irving, TX. The Data Analyst will join the Data and Analytics group and play a key role in promoting data-driven decision-making while providing valuable insights into business performance and trends through the evaluation of extensive datasets. This role primarily involves creating dashboards and data visualizations, conducting ad-hoc data analysis, and preparing essential materials for Senior Management, as well as field and corporate support teams. This is an on-site role, reporting to the Irving office Mon-Fri.
Financial Data Analyst Job Responsibilities:
- Supports database architecture by identifying sources of information, assembling, verifying and backing-up data.
- Builds and maintains data pipelines, dashboards, and data visualizations.
- Provides quality assurance of incoming data and associated deliverables.
- Assists in the preparation of financial and operational reports by collecting, formatting, and analyzing information to help identify business and process improvement opportunities.
- Supports Data and Analytics leadership’s work collaborating across the organization to define key performance indicators (KPI’s) and build dashboards that support ongoing reporting and analysis of business results.
- Conducts ad-hoc analysis to assist in decision making for executive management.
- Works in a team-based setting to provide financial and operational value-add reports for utilization by executive and field management.
- Runs queries, identifies relevant insights, and compiles reporting and analytics output for presentation to upper management.
- Collects, organizes, analyzes, and disseminates significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy through the use of SQL/SSRS reporting.
- Works cross-functionally to identify, report, and fix data quality issues using sustainable and best practice tools and processes.
- Other responsibilities may include improving current methods used in the collection of data from other parts of the company while retaining the essential integrity and security of the information collected.
Financial Data Analyst Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or Computer Science with a focus in quantitative methodologies.
- 3-4 years of proven experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst (Finance and Accounting experience a plus).
- Must be willing to work onsite
- Advanced proficiency in PowerBI, including building and maintaining dashboards.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with R and/or Python.
- Experience writing and managing stored procedures, views, and functions, that rely heavily on analytics functions.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel (Macros, VBA, V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, etc.).
- Proficiency with accounting platforms.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments in a fast paced, deadline driven work environment.
- Strong math and statistical skills
- Team mentality, perseverance, time management and strong prioritization skills
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.