Default Servicing Processor
Meriden, CT 06450 US
Default Servicing Processor Responsibilities:
- Receives and reviews incoming mail for proper handling and distribution.
- Reviews and submits all manual invoices for cash processing.
- Prepares and submits requests on payee headers for approval to the department manager/supervisor in a timely manner.
- Ensures processing of pre-foreclosure notices, manual demands, and handling state requirements.
- Manages foreclosure doc execution and collaterals docs sent to the assigned foreclosure firms.
- Completes associated process rails within the foreclosure management system
- Handles incoming payoff requests obtaining final fees and costs for all default areas to ensure state compliance with payoff quotes.
- Reviews and responds to default cash processing, corporate advance re-classing, cash movements, cash adjustments, and liquidations.
- Maintains compliance with non-obligors’ system updates and year end 1099 default workstation completion
- Assists with property evaluations and appraisal requests. Facilitates all orders through timely completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 1 years in mortgage loan processing experience
- Knowledge of mortgage banking practices and procedures including familiarity with FHMLC, FNMA, VA, FHA and GNMA guidelines, timeframes.
- Working knowledge of Default Servicing procedures preferred
- Courteous, tactful and assertive interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Data entry skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Must be flexible, organized and have the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines in a fast- paced work environment
- Ability to problem-solve effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook.
- LPS servicing system experience preferred
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment