Dallas, TX 75254 US
Wheeler Staffing Partners is hiring a Capital Accountant with a health care clients corporate office in Dallas, TX. The Capital Accountant will perform various tasks within the Capital Accounting department, including closing out of corporate IT, construction, and other capital projects; reviewing projects for the hospitals to ensure assets are classified properly; month end close PP&E journal entries and reporting; account reconciliations; tax schedules and roll forwards. The Capital Accountant will work closely with personnel at the facilities and our corporate departments to provide support and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- The Capital Accountant will work closely with personnel at the facilities and our corporate departments to provide support and respond to questions in a timely manner.
- The Capital Accountant will be responsible for closing corporate, physician practice IT and outpatient clinic capital projects and reviewing monthly reports to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Preparing/recording necessary PP&E related journal entries
- Preparing account reconciliations with appropriate support for the specific accounts associated with these activities
- Performing other financial tasks and preparing schedules for audit and tax purposes. These activities will include ensuring appropriate information is obtained from the facilities or corporate departments that impact how we account for the capital transactions.
- The position will also assist in providing useful information at month end for analysis by other company personnel and will assist in identifying issues and implementing effective solutions to improve processes.
- Bachelor's degree with major in Accounting
- 1-3 years of experience with of general ledger accounting including journal entries and account reconciliations
- Capital Accounting/Fixed Asset Accounting knowledge/experience preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong computer skills required, including intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting including journal entries and account reconciliations.
Excellent Excel skills.
- Knowledge/experience accounting for fixed assets preferred.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.