BIM Project Lead
Memphis, TN 38105 US
- Works with BIM/VDC Manager, Project Management, and Field Leadership to read and understand specifications and contract documents and to establish a plan of attack on your project(s) within the framework of your BIM budget.
- Utilizes your knowledge of mechanical and plumbing systems, your ability to read and interpret code, and your understanding of the company best practices in the creation of annotated installation and layout drawings.
- Works with QA/QC team and BIM/VDC Manager to find routing efficiencies that maximize BIM’s value on your project(s).
- Clearly communicates the agreed upon plan of attack to any internal BIM/VDC team members and/or outsourcers that will be assisting you.
- Quality control the product on your project(s) - whether drawn by you or another BIM resource.
- Master the BIM/VDC processes including clash detection and embedded data and polish your technical communication skills as an industry leader in coordination and collaboration.
- Ensures that you and any other BIM/VDC personnel assisting you on your project(s) adhere to departmental protocols for file management.
- Strives for proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Autodesk Fabrication, Navisworks Manage, Bluebeam and other BIM software.
- Learns the internal processes of our trusted outsource partners to understand the budgets they generate and to optimize the product we receive.
- Works with BIM/VDC Manager, Regional BIM/VDC Director, and Regional Operations Team to schedule deliveries of Trimble layout drawings, shop drawings, BOMs, fabrication drawings, and as-built that meet the direct needs of your project(s).
- Participates in any/all training opportunities at your disposal.
- Adheres to the departmental code of ethics while exemplifying high levels of professionalism and leadership that appropriately represent the company.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 4 to 7 years of experience in BIM.
- Advanced building systems, code, fabrication, and installation knowledge.
- Advanced software (Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, Autodesk Fabrication, and Bluebeam) knowledge.
- Complete understanding of the BIM/VDC process.
- Ability to maintain patience and understanding in a stress-filled environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and willing to tackle various ongoing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Versed in the industry and the Company’s competitors.
- Ability to multitask and perform duties outside of the scope of work when necessary.
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.