Automation Startup Technician - Plano
Plano, TX 75075 US
Wheeler Staffing Partners is seeking an Automation Startup Technician in Plano, TX. Candidates will be responsible for providing commissioning, integration and controls tasks to support client and improve related products. This position requires a heavy on-site presence at client sites. Natural progression will be transition to Automation Engineer as needed to satisfy company needs and technician’s aptitude. Call us today to learn more about this great opportunity!
- Configure instrumentation, analyzers and devices to comply with project defined parameters.
- Configure Variable Frequency Drives to comply with project defined parameters.
- Various installation activities to facilitate change order requests.
- PLC/Remote Panel modifications
- Add/Remove instrumentation or subsystems per approved changes.
- Verify proper operation of programmed logic in PLC systems with the assistance of on-site Process/Commissioning Engineer.
- Verify and troubleshoot proper operation of client integration and controlled systems including communication requirements (redundant communication) of installed system.
- Liaise with on-site contractors to facilitate wiring and installation of company systems to drive effective on-site time management and commissioning.
- Modification of PLC logic during system startup to allow the system to perform as required by Process/Commissioning Engineer.
- Work with product vendors to provide resolution to instrument and component issues during startup/commissioning.
- Liaise with application specialists and vendors during the tender/bid stage on design and specifications of control equipment and ancillary electrical works.
- Document all changes and deviations (e.g. red line) from planned installation and communicate to Automation Engineers for document control.
- Provides technical assistance (including training) to Sales and Product Support.
- Propose solutions to unforeseen electrical or automation issues as they arise during the commissioning process.
- Assist Automation Engineers with in-house final testing/simulation phase.
- Assist preparing support documentation as necessary to fully define project specific programming requirements including I/O planning and control scheme documentation.
- Collect/Create component/control documentation as required by client expectations.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Comply with company engineering department record system for drawings and associated data for future reference (compliance with company’s ISO:9001 2015).
- Assist with technical and administrative processing of all project steps in respect of the above-mentioned responsibilities
- Technical processing in respect of evaluation, selection, specification, etc. up to and including system commissioning activities.
- Verification of processing and analysis of client’s requirements specification.
- Technical School with focus in PLC or electronics and 3 years hands-on experience or
- equivalent in a production, manufacturing, or design environment; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and other MS products.
- Experience in Instruments and PID control technologies soft tools.
- Factually Competences:
- Project specific decisions
- Proper wiring techniques (best practices)
- Ability to interpret basic PLC logic
- Ability to interpret P&ID’s and electrical schematics
- Experience in the following control systems:
- Rockwell Systems such as Control Logix 5000 / Compact Logix / Panel Views
- Siemens Systems such as S7-400 / 300 / TIA Portal / PCS7 / HMI
- SCADA Systems such as Wonderware Intouch / Archestra / GE-IP Cimplicity / WinCC
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.