Automation Controls Engineer
Plano, TX 75075 US
- Liaise with client and application specialists during the tender/bid stage on design and specifications of control equipment and ancillary electrical works.
- Monitor and advice on costs associated with electrical designs both at the proposal stage and throughout the contract. Program and configure PLCs and SCADA systems to meet technical, commercial, and project requirements.
- Write control strategies and prepare supporting documentation as necessary to fully define project-specific programming requirements.
- Manage and issue relevant parties’ electrical documents including control philosophies, automation design specification, load schedules, and wiring schematics.
- Provide miscellaneous technical support including field service to support plant commissioning, operator training, and warranty commitments.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Maintain an effective engineering department record system for drawings and associated data for future reference.
- Ensure timely submission of all engineering data, drawings, and other documents as requested by the client.
- Ensure that drawings, BOM’s and associated documents are issued for each contract by the agreed deadline and within the budgeted design hours to enable the cost-effective manufacture within the estimated budget.
- Troubleshoot customer integration and controls issues including network communications.
- Provides technical assistance (including training) to Sales and Product Support.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex industry-related documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Must have diplomacy to negotiate differences of opinion in design or detailing.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to make decisions requiring the use of a variety of variables in standard and nonstandard situations.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical equations to a variety of complex, nonstandard situations.
- Ability to read and interpret process & instrumentation diagrams, mechanical & structural drawings, and specifications, and wiring schematics.
- Previous field experience.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is essential.
- Experience in the following control systems:
- Rockwell Systems such as Control Logix 5000 / Compact Logix / Panel Views
- Siemens Systems such as S7-400 / 300 / TIA Portal / PCS7 / HMI
- SCADA Systems such as Wonderware Intouch / Archestra / GE-IP Cimplicity / WinCC
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.