Irving, TX 75039 US
Wheeler Staffing Partners is hiring an Assistant Controller in Irving, TX. The Assistant Controller will be part of the Accounting and Finance group, reporting directly to the Controller, and will be responsible for support in all aspects of accounting, financial reporting, and internal control development for the company. We are seeking a highly motivated professional with strong technical accounting experience, highly inquisitive, has great interpersonal skills, and the ability to jump in and immediately make a positive impact in a dynamic environment. This individual will also maintain the internal control environment regarding all areas of responsibility
Assistant Controller Job Responsibilities:
· Assist in managing a team of accountants to ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial statements.
· Assist in the preparation and review of monthly and quarterly reconciliations and financial reporting.
· Assist in technical accounting researching, providing recommendations and writing memos on new and/or proposed technical accounting guidance relevant to the company and industry.
· Assist in developing and implementing processes and controls for ensuring data integrity and strong internal control over financial reporting
· Assist in the company's annual audit, including the review of documents submitted to the external auditors, helping to manage workflow, and providing ongoing communications with the audit team.
· Take a lead role in critical accounting changes, process improvement projects, and accounting software implementations.
· Communicate and resolves issues with Admin, IT, Marketing, and other departments to answer financial and accounting questions.
· Review and approve staff's work including, journal entries, accounting reconciliations, and balance sheet analyses.
· Provide current and new technical accounting guidance as they arise to the accounting, finance, and general business departments and answers questions to resolve issues as they arise.
· Ensure timely reporting and accurate processing of client statements (premiums, claims, reinstatement premiums, premiums adjustments, commission, brokerage, taxes, funds held, etc.).
Assistant Controller Job Requirements:
· Accounting/Finance degree required
· 5+ years of increasing responsible accounting experience
· 2+ years in management role: people management experience required
· Must be willing to work onsite full-time
· CPA license is preferred
· Prior hands-on accounting management experience with a smaller firm is preferred
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.