Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Dallas, TX 75251 US
Wheeler Staffing Partners is hiring an Accounts Receivable Coordinator with our client in Dallas, TX. The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties in the Accounts Receivable Research and resolution area according to established policies and procedures. Primary responsibilities include reviewing and researching accounts receivable discrepancies. Applicants must be organized and detail-oriented. Experience working with receivables in a corporate, retail, and/or wholesale environment is helpful. This position is onsite during the training period and will be hybrid with 3 days a week in the office after training in Dallas, Texas. No remote work is offered.
Location: Dallas, Texas (Hybrid schedule - 3 days in office)
· Review and research accounts receivable discrepancies identified through cash application and determine the resolution needed to correct the discrepancy. This process includes tracking discrepancies, running, and reviewing exception reports, and working with other departments to ensure the discrepancies are valid.
· Communicate with customers (verbally, via email, letter, or fax) to reconcile customer discrepancies (deductions). Communications will involve requesting past-due payments and clarifying chargebacks, deductions, and allowances.
· Prepare credit memos for any approved adjustments such as shortage, price discrepancy, prompt pay discount, promotion, damaged item credit, duplicate invoice, no collectible write-off, etc. Checking supporting documents and backup to verify that over-credits do not occur.
· Prepare debit memos to invoice or re-invoice customers for any approved adjustments needed to correct the original invoice.
· Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the dispute resolution process.
· Accounting clerical duties such as filing, making collection phone calls, and sending out past due correspondence (i.e. dunning letters)
· Research payment history to assist Credit Analysts with credit reviews as needed.
· Research unapplied cash
· Handles calls and concerns from internal and external customers regarding payments and deductions, research, and backup information as needed.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
· Minimum two (2) years of research, resolution, and/or collections experience in a high-volume environment
· Understanding of credit and debit payments, general ledger codes, and collections processes
· Managing a large portfolio of accounts - 300+ accounts
· ROSS, AS400/Green Screen, and/or SAP financial system knowledge highly preferred
· Microsoft Excel - V-Lookup, Formulas, Pivot Tables
· 10-key accuracy and speed
· Ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal, and written)
WSP specializes in filling your company’s contract, contract-to-hire, direct hire, contingency, and executive positions with professional candidates. From our Executive Retained Search Teams, Direct Hire and Contract Staffing Professionals, and RPO Service offerings we create models to deliver a world-class service, with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Our connections and our candidates combined with a staff backed by over 20 years of experience, ensure that our clients are seeing the right candidates for their career openings.
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.