Irving, TX 75039 US
- Oversee a team of staff accountants and accounting clerks of various levels to ensure financial reports are delivered in a timely and accurate
- Oversee reconciliation reviews for cash deposits, AR, and AP.
- Provide guidance to the team via staff meetings, training, one-on-one support
- Manage the monthly close process for AR, AP, and cash application
- Follow-up on any outstanding account issues.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls.
- Completes monthly close duties and schedules in a timely manner
- Interact with Accountants, and finance leads in terms of monthly close activities, including journal entries, monthly schedules and reconciliation work
- Make recommendations to management to improve profitability
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses
- Take a lead role in critical accounting changes, process improvement projects and accounting software implementations
- Communicate with Admin, IT, marketing, and other departments to answer financial and accounting questions, and resolve issues
- Prepare and file local sales tax returns
- Support audits (both internal and external)
- Support business processes and accounting policies and prepare corresponding documentation
- Ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP requirements
- Ad hoc requests as required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance a must.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role.
- NetSuite expert experience - minimum 2 years of experience.
- Ability to lead and direct many clerical positions
- Must be able to analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations from the data
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of efficiency and accuracy at all times
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent knowledge of financial statements
- High proficiency in Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, Macros) is a must as well as proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Positive attitude and focus on collaboration with other divisions and excellent customer service
WSP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.